Through our various OSHA and American Red Cross, first aid safety, and risk management classes, as well as office skills and management workshops, we strive to educate and empower companies, businesses, and schools to increase safety and productivity in their workplace. See our list of course offerings below and register your team today.
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Class
The OSHA 10-Hour Construction Class is OSHA’s way to train and provide an orientation for construction workers in the basics of occupational safety and health. This class assists employers in training and introducing employees to the basic practices of identifying, reducing, eliminating and reporting hazards associated with their work. It is designed for those who are new to the industry as well as a reminder to those who have been working in the industry.
- OSHA10.2: August 21-22nd
- OSHA10.3: September 25-26th
Cost Per Participant:
Course Materials: Reference materials and OSHA 10 hour completion card.
Note: Class includes breaks throughout the day. Lunch is provided. It is recommended that you complete this course every 3-5 years.
WE CAN NOW OFFER OSHA 30-HOUR! Call today for more details!
Lift Training-All Aerial, Scissor, Boom & Forklift Safety and Fall Protection
Aerial lifts are vehicle-mounted, boom-supported aerial platforms, such as cherry pickers or bucket trucks, used to access utility lines and other aboveground job sites. The major causes of fatalities are falls, electrocutions, and collapses or tip overs. Employers must take measures to ensure the safe use of aerial lifts by their workers if they are required to use this equipment in the course of their employment.
- Lift.3: Thursday, August 16th
- Lift.4: Thursday, September 20th
- Lift.5: Thursday, October 18th
- Every 3rd Thursday of the month (1-3:30pm)
- 2.5 hours
Cost Per Participant:
Course Materials: Reference materials, course completion certificate valid for 3 years.
Note: Classes may be added depending on demand. We also offer on-site training and can help you out in emergency situations depending on the instructor’s availability, location and number of participants. Please call if interested in setting up a training class outside scheduled days/times.
American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid (Adult, Child & Infant)
By administering immediate care during an emergency, you can help an ill or injured person before EMS, Emergency Medical Services arrive. You may even be able to help save a life! When you take a CPR/AED class from an American Red Cross instructor, you’ll gain the skills you need to help others during times of crisis. Designed to last just a few short hours, our first aid classes can help you recognize the signs that someone needs help and administer the right type of care.
Certification Made Simple. Fast. Easy. Digital!
When you learn how to perform CPR and/or first aid and get certified from an American Red Cross instructor, you’ll get anytime, anywhere access to your certificates; plus the ability to print, share, and download them wherever and whenever you like. Digital certificates can be viewed, printed or shared online and can be accessed anytime through your Red Cross Account. Each certificate includes a unique ID and a QR code which meets employment requirements and allows employers to easily confirm your certificate is valid. Class participants and employers can visit redcross.org/confirm and enter the ID found on the digital certificate (or scan the QR code with a standard QR reader using a smart device) to access a copy of the valid certificate with student training information.
- 2018.4CPR Wednesday, July 25 12-5pm
- 2018.5CPR Wednesday, August 8 12-5pm
- 2018.6CPR Wednesday, August 15 12-5pm
- 2018.7CPR Thursday, August 16 9-12pm
- 2018.8CPR Thursday, September 20 9-12pm
- 3-5 hours
Cost Per Participant:
- 1 instructor for every 6-10 participants
Course Materials: Reference materials, course completion certificate valid for 2 years
Note: Classes may be added depending on demand. We also offer on-site training depending on the instructor’s availability, location and number of participants. Please call if interested in setting up an on-site training class or need certified before the next scheduled class.
Entering the workplace but not sure where to start? This 2-week info-packed and hands-on series is for you! You will review various theories behind important aspects to securing a job in the workplace and practice skills behind those theories thru application work. You will leave this workshop energized, confident and ready to secure a job.
- Monday: Marketing Yourself
- Tuesday: Writing Cover Letters & Resumes
- Wednesday: Interviewing For Jobs
- Thursday: Managing Finances & Investing
- Bonus Session (not included in price): Get a Leg Up: American Red Cross CPR/AED & First Aid Training (Cost $129)
- 3 hour sessions each day
Cost Per Participant:
- Maximum of 25 participants
Required Materials: Calculator, Laptop is required, with hotspot or internet is prefered
Schools: Please contact us to hear about our Rewards Program and how you can earn money for your school!
Registration by Mail
- To register in person or by mail, complete the appropriate registration form below, include Visa/Mastercard number and mail or email to above address/email. Make checks payable to Workplace University.
- A $4 credit/debit card convenience fee will be added to all credit card transactions
- Registrations must be paid prior to the class. Registrations and payments WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT ANY CLASS.
- You will be notified VIA EMAIL if a class is cancelled or days/times/location has changed.
- Registration confirmation: Print receipt and bring with you on the first day of class.
- For class withdrawals/refunds please contact Hally Yonko, Director of Operations at email@example.com or call 313-379-1155
- There are no refunds for NO CALL/NO SHOWS.
- Minimum number of participants must be reached for some classes to run. If a class will not run because the minimum enrollment requirement is not met, the registrant will have the option of an account credit for a future class or a full refund. Account credits are valid for one year.
- We are unable to issue cash refunds. Check refunds may take up to 21 business days.
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged when requesting removal from a class. Request must be made at least one week prior to the class. After that time, an in-house credit of 50% will be issued.